Just a few screenshots from my DB9 model in Blender to show the way I’m getting from blueprints to a full model. Still to be completed, as the model is not yet complete.
Not so many words here, please pay attention to the pictures. All information is in them.
Step 0, I setup my blueprint :
Step 1, I model major bodylines, to have a sketch of the car :
Step 2, I can close polygons to have a real mesh. This step needs tweaking of bodylines to get a clean polyflow :
Step 3, now polygons are set up. I need to get smooth transitions when needed. Or hard edges on some places. So I subdivide my mesh with Blender subsurf modifier. That way all defects will be visible with default in-scene lighting.
Step 4, I move some vertices rows to create empty space between body parts :
Step 5, it’s time to give some thickness to the body. I also add extra vertices rows to give hardness to edges needing some
Step 6, time to model details (work in progress as of writing) :
Time to test a render. Here’s a clay render, using relatively simple Yafray settings :